J&K: Protesters seek release of arrested youth
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Democratic Front (JKDF) on Thursday staged protest here seeking release of three of its activists who were arrested for disrupting Assembly proceedings in Srinagar.
Raising anti-government slogans, a large number of activists assembled at the Tallab Tillo Chowk and blocked vehicular traffic, forcing police to use mild force to disperse the protesters.
The Assembly in Srinagar witnessed unruly scenes on October 08 as three JKDF activists unfurled the flag of a newly-floated party and shouted slogans demanding implementation of the employment policy.
After the incident, Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone had ordered suspension of five security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi