J&K: Protesters seek release of arrested youth
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Democratic Front (JKDF) on Thursday staged protest here seeking release of three of its activists who were arrested for disrupting Assembly proceedings in Srinagar.
Raising anti-government slogans, a large number of activists assembled at the Tallab Tillo Chowk and blocked vehicular traffic, forcing police to use mild force to disperse the protesters.
The Assembly in Srinagar witnessed unruly scenes on October 08 as three JKDF activists unfurled the flag of a newly-floated party and shouted slogans demanding implementation of the employment policy.
After the incident, Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone had ordered suspension of five security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!