J&K public authorities directed to disclose activities online
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir State Information Commission (SIC) has directed all public authorities to make voluntary disclosure of their activities on their websites.
Under Section 4 of the J&K State Right to Information Act 2009, all public authorities have to make voluntary disclosure of their activities on their websites or through other means where internet facilities are not available, the SIC said in a notification issued yesterday.
The public authorities are bound to publish, within 120 days from the commencement of the Act, all the details about the organisation, its functions and duties and the powers and duties of its employees.
The organisations will also have to publish the procedure followed in decision making, processes including channels of supervision and accountability and the statement of categories of documents that are held by it or under its control.
SIC also directed the Jammu and Kashmir Academy of Art, Culture and Languages to disseminate the statements of the categories of documents held by it or under its control which includes details of manuscripts acquired, purchased, owned or gifted to it, the title of such manuscripts and descriptive numbers to identify whether the manuscripts were same.
The academy has priceless collections of reference books, the details of all these documents including names of authors and titles of books need to be uploaded on the website for the information of general public, the Commission said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video