J&K public authorities directed to disclose activities online
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir State Information Commission (SIC) has directed all public authorities to make voluntary disclosure of their activities on their websites.
Under Section 4 of the J&K State Right to Information Act 2009, all public authorities have to make voluntary disclosure of their activities on their websites or through other means where internet facilities are not available, the SIC said in a notification issued yesterday.
The public authorities are bound to publish, within 120 days from the commencement of the Act, all the details about the organisation, its functions and duties and the powers and duties of its employees.
The organisations will also have to publish the procedure followed in decision making, processes including channels of supervision and accountability and the statement of categories of documents that are held by it or under its control.
SIC also directed the Jammu and Kashmir Academy of Art, Culture and Languages to disseminate the statements of the categories of documents held by it or under its control which includes details of manuscripts acquired, purchased, owned or gifted to it, the title of such manuscripts and descriptive numbers to identify whether the manuscripts were same.
The academy has priceless collections of reference books, the details of all these documents including names of authors and titles of books need to be uploaded on the website for the information of general public, the Commission said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy