J&K: Reconstructed war memorial inaugurated
Teetwal: The rebuilt Teetwal War
Memorial, damaged during the 2005 earthquake, was on Thursday
inaugurated here in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district.
Names of officers and soldiers of Garhwal Rifles, Sikh
and Madras regiments, who valiantly died during the 1948
battle at Teetwal village, are inscribed on the memorial.
General Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Army`s Northern
Command Lt Gen KT Parnaik, accompanied by General Officer
Commanding of Srinagar-based 15 Corps Lt Gen Syed Ata Hasnain,
laid a wreath at the memorial.
Teetwal village, located near the LoC, is more than 200
km from Srinagar and was scene of a fierce fighting between
Indian and Pakistani troops in 1948.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities