J&K: Reconstructed war memorial inaugurated
Teetwal: The rebuilt Teetwal War
Memorial, damaged during the 2005 earthquake, was on Thursday
inaugurated here in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district.
Names of officers and soldiers of Garhwal Rifles, Sikh
and Madras regiments, who valiantly died during the 1948
battle at Teetwal village, are inscribed on the memorial.
General Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Army`s Northern
Command Lt Gen KT Parnaik, accompanied by General Officer
Commanding of Srinagar-based 15 Corps Lt Gen Syed Ata Hasnain,
laid a wreath at the memorial.
Teetwal village, located near the LoC, is more than 200
km from Srinagar and was scene of a fierce fighting between
Indian and Pakistani troops in 1948.
- US, Russia in bids to halt fighting in Syria`s Aleppo
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?