J&K: Reconstructed war memorial inaugurated
Teetwal: The rebuilt Teetwal War
Memorial, damaged during the 2005 earthquake, was on Thursday
inaugurated here in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district.
Names of officers and soldiers of Garhwal Rifles, Sikh
and Madras regiments, who valiantly died during the 1948
battle at Teetwal village, are inscribed on the memorial.
General Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Army`s Northern
Command Lt Gen KT Parnaik, accompanied by General Officer
Commanding of Srinagar-based 15 Corps Lt Gen Syed Ata Hasnain,
laid a wreath at the memorial.
Teetwal village, located near the LoC, is more than 200
km from Srinagar and was scene of a fierce fighting between
Indian and Pakistani troops in 1948.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees