J&K: Reconstructed war memorial inaugurated
Teetwal: The rebuilt Teetwal War
Memorial, damaged during the 2005 earthquake, was on Thursday
inaugurated here in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district.
Names of officers and soldiers of Garhwal Rifles, Sikh
and Madras regiments, who valiantly died during the 1948
battle at Teetwal village, are inscribed on the memorial.
General Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Army`s Northern
Command Lt Gen KT Parnaik, accompanied by General Officer
Commanding of Srinagar-based 15 Corps Lt Gen Syed Ata Hasnain,
laid a wreath at the memorial.
Teetwal village, located near the LoC, is more than 200
km from Srinagar and was scene of a fierce fighting between
Indian and Pakistani troops in 1948.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?