J&K: Reconstructed war memorial inaugurated
Teetwal: The rebuilt Teetwal War
Memorial, damaged during the 2005 earthquake, was on Thursday
inaugurated here in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district.
Names of officers and soldiers of Garhwal Rifles, Sikh
and Madras regiments, who valiantly died during the 1948
battle at Teetwal village, are inscribed on the memorial.
General Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Army`s Northern
Command Lt Gen KT Parnaik, accompanied by General Officer
Commanding of Srinagar-based 15 Corps Lt Gen Syed Ata Hasnain,
laid a wreath at the memorial.
Teetwal village, located near the LoC, is more than 200
km from Srinagar and was scene of a fierce fighting between
Indian and Pakistani troops in 1948.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport
- Thailand military court opens trial in Bangkok shrine blast
- How to overcome your jetlag?
- Sugar prices soar to Rs 42/kg; FM holds inter-ministerial meeting on banning futures trading
- TCL 562 Review: Well-performing smartphone that's worth its price