J&K records 80 % polling in 7th phase of Panchayat elections
Jammu: Over 80.39 percent polling was
recorded in the 7th phase of Panchayat elections in eight
blocks of Jammu and Kashmir.
"About 80.39 percent of polling was registered in 7th
phase of Panchayat elections in Jammu and Kashmir. Polling was
held peacefully and no untoward incident was reported from any
block which went to polls on Sunday," an official spokesman said.
However, re-polling has been ordered in Panchayat Halqa
Bhaiya of Hiranagar Block due to misprinting/wrong printing of
The elections were held at 39 Sarpanch constituencies and
278 Panch constituencies in block Kralpora district Kupwara.
In block Kunzer district Baramulla, elections were held
in 33 Sarpanch and 258 Panch constituencies while 24 Sarpanch
and 211 Panch constituencies in Block Narbal district Budgam.
Elections were held in 31 Sarpanch and 196 Panch
Constituencies in Block Shangus district Anantnag, 21 Sarpanch
and 158 Panch Constituencies in Block Pouni district Reasi, 33
Sarpanch and 226 Panch Constituencies in Block Hiranagar
district Kathua. 31 Sarpanch, 33 Sarpanch and 244 Panch
Constituencies in CD Block Rajouri and 194 Panch
Constituencies in Block Manjakote district Rajouri.
The poll percentage in Kralpora was recorded at 89.50 percent, in Kunzer 75 percent, in Narbal 84 percent, in Shangus 74 percent, in Pouni 81 percent, in Hiranagar 78.59 percent, in Manjakote 79.40 percent and in Rajouri 83.30 percent, which accounts to an average percentage of 80.39 pc in
all these blocks.
As per the reports, out of total 29,4156 electorate,
23,6461 exercised their right to franchise in today?s polls,
The first leg of the 16-phase panchayat polls was held in
eight blocks of the state on April 13.
The elections for the eighth phase will be held on May
12, ninth phase on May 16 and tenth phase on May 21.
The last six phases will be held on May 25, May 29, June
2, June 6, June 11 and June 16.
Panchayat elections are being held in the state after a
gap of ten years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog