J&K: Rehabilitation policy for ex-militants
Srinagar: A comprehensive rehabilitation
policy for released militants has been formulated by the Jammu
and Kashmir government in which NGOs have been involved,
police said on Thursday.
Inspector General of Police Kashmir SM Sahai said
released militants were part and parcel of the society and it
was the moral obligation of every citizen to play their part
in their rehabilitation.
"Cases will be withdrawn against those youth (stone
pelters) who are not involved in acts of arson and destruction
of public property," Sahai said.
He said as far as the issue of difficulties in obtaining
passports for the released militants is concerned, it has been
taken up with the concerned authorities for sympathetic
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt