J&K: Rehabilitation policy for ex-militants
Srinagar: A comprehensive rehabilitation
policy for released militants has been formulated by the Jammu
and Kashmir government in which NGOs have been involved,
police said on Thursday.
Inspector General of Police Kashmir SM Sahai said
released militants were part and parcel of the society and it
was the moral obligation of every citizen to play their part
in their rehabilitation.
"Cases will be withdrawn against those youth (stone
pelters) who are not involved in acts of arson and destruction
of public property," Sahai said.
He said as far as the issue of difficulties in obtaining
passports for the released militants is concerned, it has been
taken up with the concerned authorities for sympathetic
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video