J&K remembers local heroes of Kargil War
Jammu: Politicians and civil society bodies on Friday paid tributes to Indian Army soldiers who lost their lives during the 1999 Kargil War.
As many as 69 soldiers from Jammu and Kashmir were martyred during the war and it was on this day in 1999 that Indian forces had announced the successful conclusion of Operation Vijay.
"Our brave soldiers laid down their lives protecting the country... They deserve a salute," BJP National Executive Member Ashok Khajuria said at a function here.
Khajuria then slammed the UPA government at the Centre and the National Conference-led dispensation in the state saying that efforts by jawans and police fighting Pakistan-sponsored terrorism were not being properly recognised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security