J&K report will reflect aspirations: Interlocutors
Srinagar: The Central interlocutors on Jammu
and Kashmir on Wednesday said its recommendations will reflect in
"fullest measure possible" diverse political, social, economic
and cultural aspirations of the people without disrupting the
unity of the state.
The team said its report which will be submitted to Union
Home Minister P Chidambaram before October 12 when the term of
the three-member panel comes to an end would be within the
framework of the Constitution.
The report will reflect in "fullest measure possible"
what people of Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh regions seek to lead
a life of peace and prosperity with their honour and dignity
intact, said Dileep Padgaonkar, head of the panel, which is
here on its last official visit.
“We will address their diverse political, social,
economic and cultural aspirations without disrupting the unity
of the state and its special constitutional status in the
Indian Union," Padgaonkar told reporters.
"Our recommendations for solution to political issues of
the state will be within the framework of the Indian
Constitution," he said.
Asked if the interlocutors had shut the doors on
separatists by maintaining that solution has to be within the
Constitution, Padgaonkar said, "A solution outside Union of
India is not acceptable to even people from certain regions
and sub-regions of the state, let alone the people of rest of
He said a great deal of work had to be done by the
political stakeholders at national level even after the
recommendations are accepted.
The recommendations will be based on principles of
humanity and justice to address the political aspirations of
the people of the state, he said.
"With the political aspirations come social, cultural
and economic aspirations as well, which need to be addressed.
However, addressing these aspirations cannot be a substitute
to addressing the political aspirations," he added.
The team had met political parties and other
stakeholders at the state-level and in all 22 districts of
Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed