J&K revenue officials` strike enters fifth day
Jammu: Routine work remained off track as the strike of Jammu and Kashmir revenue officials (Patwaris) seeking abolition of pay anomalies entered fifth day today, bringing inconvenience to the general public.
Under the banner of the All Jammu and Kashmir Patwari Association (AJKPA), the striking officials staged protest inside the premises of Deputy Commissioner`s office here to press for their demands.
Demonstrations were also reported from other district headquarters of the state.
The Patwaris are demanding, among other things, removal of pay anomalies through implementation of Sixth Pay Commission from retrospective effect, and recruitment of more Revenue officials.
One of the agitating officers here alleged that despite assurances in this regard, the state government did not pay any heed to their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead