J&K revenue officials` strike enters fifth day
Jammu: Routine work remained off track as the strike of Jammu and Kashmir revenue officials (Patwaris) seeking abolition of pay anomalies entered fifth day today, bringing inconvenience to the general public.
Under the banner of the All Jammu and Kashmir Patwari Association (AJKPA), the striking officials staged protest inside the premises of Deputy Commissioner`s office here to press for their demands.
Demonstrations were also reported from other district headquarters of the state.
The Patwaris are demanding, among other things, removal of pay anomalies through implementation of Sixth Pay Commission from retrospective effect, and recruitment of more Revenue officials.
One of the agitating officers here alleged that despite assurances in this regard, the state government did not pay any heed to their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him