J&K revenue officials` strike enters fifth day
Jammu: Routine work remained off track as the strike of Jammu and Kashmir revenue officials (Patwaris) seeking abolition of pay anomalies entered fifth day today, bringing inconvenience to the general public.
Under the banner of the All Jammu and Kashmir Patwari Association (AJKPA), the striking officials staged protest inside the premises of Deputy Commissioner`s office here to press for their demands.
Demonstrations were also reported from other district headquarters of the state.
The Patwaris are demanding, among other things, removal of pay anomalies through implementation of Sixth Pay Commission from retrospective effect, and recruitment of more Revenue officials.
One of the agitating officers here alleged that despite assurances in this regard, the state government did not pay any heed to their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed