J&K revenue officials` strike enters second day
Jammu: Revenue officials (Patwaris) across Jammu and Kashmir continued their strike for the second consecutive day on Tuesday in support of their various demands, including removal of pay anomalies.
Under the banner of All Jammu and Kashmir Patwari Association (AJKPA), a number of protesting revenue officials assembled here and staged demonstrations against the government.
The Patwaris are demanding, among other things, removal of pay anomalies and recruitment of more Revenue officials.
"We are aware about the problems faced by the general masses but our strike has been forced by government`s failure to respond to our demands," an AJKPA spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police