J&K revenue officials` strike enters second day
Jammu: Revenue officials (Patwaris) across Jammu and Kashmir continued their strike for the second consecutive day on Tuesday in support of their various demands, including removal of pay anomalies.
Under the banner of All Jammu and Kashmir Patwari Association (AJKPA), a number of protesting revenue officials assembled here and staged demonstrations against the government.
The Patwaris are demanding, among other things, removal of pay anomalies and recruitment of more Revenue officials.
"We are aware about the problems faced by the general masses but our strike has been forced by government`s failure to respond to our demands," an AJKPA spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Jayalalithaa's mortal remains taken to Rajaji Hall for people to pay last respects
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what