J&K Rifles celebrates 11th re-union in Jabalpur
Jammu: Known for its chequered history and
saga of bravery, courage and sacrifices, Jammu and Kashmir Rifles is celebrating the five-day long `11th re-union` in Jabalpur which started on Thursday.
"Five-day long eleventh re-union of J&K Rifles started today in Jabalpur, where Col of Regiment and General Officer Commanding in Chief (GOC-In-C), Northern Command, Lt Gen BS Jaswal graced the occasion," Public Relation Officer, Northern Command, Lt Col Pradeep Kochhar said.
The history of the J&K Rifles is "interesting and inspiring", he said, adding that the story of the regiment is linked with the great Indian military revival of the 17th and the 18th centuries.
The regiment fought many counter-insurgency operations in the North East, Punjab, J&K and won many laurels.
Meanwhile, the regiment on Thursday commenced a four-day biennial conference in Jabalpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Greg Clarke succeeds Greg Dyke as English FA chairman
- Punjab Elementary Teacher Training examination results declared; Check educationrecruitmentboard.com
- This new insulin pill could end painful treatment for diabetes patients
- Lewis Hamilton may take grid demotion at Belgian GP, confirm Mercedes
- Rahul Gandhi defamation case: Congress hits back at RSS, says why didn't Sangh file defamation case against others