J&K Rifles celebrates 11th re-union in Jabalpur
Jammu: Known for its chequered history and
saga of bravery, courage and sacrifices, Jammu and Kashmir Rifles is celebrating the five-day long `11th re-union` in Jabalpur which started on Thursday.
"Five-day long eleventh re-union of J&K Rifles started today in Jabalpur, where Col of Regiment and General Officer Commanding in Chief (GOC-In-C), Northern Command, Lt Gen BS Jaswal graced the occasion," Public Relation Officer, Northern Command, Lt Col Pradeep Kochhar said.
The history of the J&K Rifles is "interesting and inspiring", he said, adding that the story of the regiment is linked with the great Indian military revival of the 17th and the 18th centuries.
The regiment fought many counter-insurgency operations in the North East, Punjab, J&K and won many laurels.
Meanwhile, the regiment on Thursday commenced a four-day biennial conference in Jabalpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days
- Jason Day joined by Rory McIlroy, Phil Mickelson to start PGA Championship