J&K Rifles celebrates 11th re-union in Jabalpur
Jammu: Known for its chequered history and
saga of bravery, courage and sacrifices, Jammu and Kashmir Rifles is celebrating the five-day long `11th re-union` in Jabalpur which started on Thursday.
"Five-day long eleventh re-union of J&K Rifles started today in Jabalpur, where Col of Regiment and General Officer Commanding in Chief (GOC-In-C), Northern Command, Lt Gen BS Jaswal graced the occasion," Public Relation Officer, Northern Command, Lt Col Pradeep Kochhar said.
The history of the J&K Rifles is "interesting and inspiring", he said, adding that the story of the regiment is linked with the great Indian military revival of the 17th and the 18th centuries.
The regiment fought many counter-insurgency operations in the North East, Punjab, J&K and won many laurels.
Meanwhile, the regiment on Thursday commenced a four-day biennial conference in Jabalpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'