J&K Rifles celebrates 11th re-union in Jabalpur
Jammu: Known for its chequered history and
saga of bravery, courage and sacrifices, Jammu and Kashmir Rifles is celebrating the five-day long `11th re-union` in Jabalpur which started on Thursday.
"Five-day long eleventh re-union of J&K Rifles started today in Jabalpur, where Col of Regiment and General Officer Commanding in Chief (GOC-In-C), Northern Command, Lt Gen BS Jaswal graced the occasion," Public Relation Officer, Northern Command, Lt Col Pradeep Kochhar said.
The history of the J&K Rifles is "interesting and inspiring", he said, adding that the story of the regiment is linked with the great Indian military revival of the 17th and the 18th centuries.
The regiment fought many counter-insurgency operations in the North East, Punjab, J&K and won many laurels.
Meanwhile, the regiment on Thursday commenced a four-day biennial conference in Jabalpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption