J&K: Rs 20.86 lakh released for militancy-affected families
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has released an amount of Rs 20.86 lakh as pension for militancy-affected families in Kupwara district.
The district level committee yesterday released the amount as pension for distribution among 1,387 beneficiaries registered with the Social Welfare Department in Kupwara district, an official spokesman said.
The department is providing financial assistance at the rate of Rs 750 per month to widows, handicapped and elderly of such families, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya