J&K: Rs 20.86 lakh released for militancy-affected families
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has released an amount of Rs 20.86 lakh as pension for militancy-affected families in Kupwara district.
The district level committee yesterday released the amount as pension for distribution among 1,387 beneficiaries registered with the Social Welfare Department in Kupwara district, an official spokesman said.
The department is providing financial assistance at the rate of Rs 750 per month to widows, handicapped and elderly of such families, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!