J&K: Rs 20.86 lakh released for militancy-affected families
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has released an amount of Rs 20.86 lakh as pension for militancy-affected families in Kupwara district.
The district level committee yesterday released the amount as pension for distribution among 1,387 beneficiaries registered with the Social Welfare Department in Kupwara district, an official spokesman said.
The department is providing financial assistance at the rate of Rs 750 per month to widows, handicapped and elderly of such families, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL