J&K says no encroachment on Wakf land
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has said it will not allow anybody to encroach on Wakf land or properties and directed officials to evict illegal occupants in a phased manner.
"Nobody would be allowed to encroach upon the Wakf land or grab the Wakf property in the state. Illegal occupants shall be evicted in a phased manner," Minister of State for Haj and Auqaf Aijaz Ahmad Khan said at the 12th meeting of Jammu and Kashmir State Wakf Council (JKSWC) here yesterday.
The meeting discussed, threadbare, the various issues pertaining to wakf property in the state.
The members of the Wakf Council (WC) raised issues pertaining to utilisation of wakf land, settlement of land cases, creation of infrastructure on wakf land and leasing out wakf property for generating income at various places in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!