J&K says no encroachment on Wakf land
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has said it will not allow anybody to encroach on Wakf land or properties and directed officials to evict illegal occupants in a phased manner.
"Nobody would be allowed to encroach upon the Wakf land or grab the Wakf property in the state. Illegal occupants shall be evicted in a phased manner," Minister of State for Haj and Auqaf Aijaz Ahmad Khan said at the 12th meeting of Jammu and Kashmir State Wakf Council (JKSWC) here yesterday.
The meeting discussed, threadbare, the various issues pertaining to wakf property in the state.
The members of the Wakf Council (WC) raised issues pertaining to utilisation of wakf land, settlement of land cases, creation of infrastructure on wakf land and leasing out wakf property for generating income at various places in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi