J&K: Search to locate bodies of IAF personnel still on
Jammu: The search operation to locate the
bodies of rest of IAF personnel on board the chopper which
crashed on Friday in river Chenab is still on, officials said
in Jammu on Sunday.
Seventeen Navy divers, who have been called from
New Delhi to locate the drowned chopper and fish out the rest
of the three bodies, launched a massive search along with
Army jawans and civil defence personnel in river Chenab
yesterday, they said, adding the search operation resumed
this morning as well.
Bodies of Flight Lieutenant YS Tomar, Warrant Officer
K Singh and Sargent Deepak have not been located so far, they
The MI-17 chopper, which had taken off from Jammu on
a routine training sortie, crashed in river Chenab on Friday.
Body of Wing Commander Rajiv Garg was recovered on
the same day. His cremation with full military honour took
place at Shastri Nagar cremation ghat here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH