J&K: Search to locate bodies of IAF personnel still on
Jammu: The search operation to locate the
bodies of rest of IAF personnel on board the chopper which
crashed on Friday in river Chenab is still on, officials said
in Jammu on Sunday.
Seventeen Navy divers, who have been called from
New Delhi to locate the drowned chopper and fish out the rest
of the three bodies, launched a massive search along with
Army jawans and civil defence personnel in river Chenab
yesterday, they said, adding the search operation resumed
this morning as well.
Bodies of Flight Lieutenant YS Tomar, Warrant Officer
K Singh and Sargent Deepak have not been located so far, they
The MI-17 chopper, which had taken off from Jammu on
a routine training sortie, crashed in river Chenab on Friday.
Body of Wing Commander Rajiv Garg was recovered on
the same day. His cremation with full military honour took
place at Shastri Nagar cremation ghat here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'