J&K: Security beefed up at Vaishnodevi for Navratras
Jammu: Security in and around the cave shrine of Vaishnodevi has been beefed In view of the Navratra festivals beginning From Tuesday, officials said on Monday.
"We have completed security deployment at Katra base camp and around the shrine. All security arrangements have been put in place for smooth and peaceful conduct of festival," IGP Jammu Dilbagh Singh said here today, adding that special arrangements have been made for congested areas.
"We hope for incident-free Navratras and smooth passage of the festival period in the region," he said.
The Navratra festival which is being organised jointly by the State Tourism department and Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board and nearly 3 to 3.5 lakh pilgrims are expected to visit the shrine in Trikuta hills during the 9-day festivities.
Recording highest-ever pilgrim turnout, over one crore pilgrims had visited the shrine in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city