J&K: Security forces bust militant hideout
Jammu: Security forces on Thursday busted a militant hideout and seized huge cache of arms and ammunition in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir.
In a joint operation, teams of Special Operation Group of police and Rastriya Rifles searched the Gool area and found the hideout.
The cache included one Pika gun with sight, one RPG launcher, 4 UBGL grenades, 235 rounds of pistol, 267 AK rounds, 246 rounds of 7.62 mm Light Machine Gun (LMG), 790 Pika gun rounds, police said.
The Police said that the place of recovery is near to the house of a dreaded terrorist Ghulam Qadir, who was killed by Ramban Police in a fierce gun battle on May 25 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees