J&K: Security forces bust militant hideout
Jammu: Security forces on Thursday busted a militant hideout and seized huge cache of arms and ammunition in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir.
In a joint operation, teams of Special Operation Group of police and Rastriya Rifles searched the Gool area and found the hideout.
The cache included one Pika gun with sight, one RPG launcher, 4 UBGL grenades, 235 rounds of pistol, 267 AK rounds, 246 rounds of 7.62 mm Light Machine Gun (LMG), 790 Pika gun rounds, police said.
The Police said that the place of recovery is near to the house of a dreaded terrorist Ghulam Qadir, who was killed by Ramban Police in a fierce gun battle on May 25 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam