J&K seeks IAF aircraft to rescue stranded people
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has requested Indian Air Force (IAF) for aircraft to rescue stranded people between Srinagar and Jammu, which remained cut off from the rest of the country due to heavy snowfall.
Heavy snowfall has blocked Jammu-Srinagar National
Highway, the only road link with outside world.
The vital highway has been closed for passenger traffic
since the last one week after it was severely affected due to
landslides and snowfall.
"The government is making special arrangements for IAF
aircraft for airlifting stranded passengers between Srinagar
and Jammu, subject to availability of aircraft," an official
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch