J&K seeks Rs 4.91 crore for Doodhpathri resort
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has sought Rs 4.91 crore from Union Ministry of Tourism for upgrading infrastructure facilities at Doodhpathri tourist resort in Budgam district.
"Tourism potential of Doodhpathri is being explored fully by creation of tourist related infrastructure and development of scenic spots of the area. To upgrade infrastructure facilities at the destination, the government has submitted a project of Rs 4.91 crore to Union Ministry of Tourism for approval of funding," Minister for Tourism Nawang Rigzin Jora said.
Jora, who chaired the Doodhpathri Development Authority meeting yesterday, reviewed the work done so far for development of the resort.
The minster was informed that construction work of Tourist Reception Center and budgeted accommodation would be completed during this fiscal.
Under state sector, Rs 4.70 crore have been expended on creation of various tourists related infrastructure at the destination during the last two years, he was told.
Jora also reviewed provision of road connectivity, drinking water and electricity for convenience of tourists.
He was informed that work on water supply scheme at the resort has been taken up at a cost of Rs 1.50 crore, pipes had been laid and other work would start soon.
Regarding provision of electricity at the destination, the Power Development Department would complete the work by end of June this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in Mumbai, but BJP gains lead in Pune, Nashik