J&K seeks Rs 4.91 crore for Doodhpathri resort
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has sought Rs 4.91 crore from Union Ministry of Tourism for upgrading infrastructure facilities at Doodhpathri tourist resort in Budgam district.
"Tourism potential of Doodhpathri is being explored fully by creation of tourist related infrastructure and development of scenic spots of the area. To upgrade infrastructure facilities at the destination, the government has submitted a project of Rs 4.91 crore to Union Ministry of Tourism for approval of funding," Minister for Tourism Nawang Rigzin Jora said.
Jora, who chaired the Doodhpathri Development Authority meeting yesterday, reviewed the work done so far for development of the resort.
The minster was informed that construction work of Tourist Reception Center and budgeted accommodation would be completed during this fiscal.
Under state sector, Rs 4.70 crore have been expended on creation of various tourists related infrastructure at the destination during the last two years, he was told.
Jora also reviewed provision of road connectivity, drinking water and electricity for convenience of tourists.
He was informed that work on water supply scheme at the resort has been taken up at a cost of Rs 1.50 crore, pipes had been laid and other work would start soon.
Regarding provision of electricity at the destination, the Power Development Department would complete the work by end of June this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step