J&K seeks Rs 4.91 crore for Doodhpathri resort
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has sought Rs 4.91 crore from Union Ministry of Tourism for upgrading infrastructure facilities at Doodhpathri tourist resort in Budgam district.
"Tourism potential of Doodhpathri is being explored fully by creation of tourist related infrastructure and development of scenic spots of the area. To upgrade infrastructure facilities at the destination, the government has submitted a project of Rs 4.91 crore to Union Ministry of Tourism for approval of funding," Minister for Tourism Nawang Rigzin Jora said.
Jora, who chaired the Doodhpathri Development Authority meeting yesterday, reviewed the work done so far for development of the resort.
The minster was informed that construction work of Tourist Reception Center and budgeted accommodation would be completed during this fiscal.
Under state sector, Rs 4.70 crore have been expended on creation of various tourists related infrastructure at the destination during the last two years, he was told.
Jora also reviewed provision of road connectivity, drinking water and electricity for convenience of tourists.
He was informed that work on water supply scheme at the resort has been taken up at a cost of Rs 1.50 crore, pipes had been laid and other work would start soon.
Regarding provision of electricity at the destination, the Power Development Department would complete the work by end of June this year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive