J&K: `Separatists absence won’t make difference’
Jammu: Reiterating their wish to engage separatists on their current visit to the state, the Centre-appointed interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday said non-engagement of separatists will however not make any difference to the final report to be submitted to government.
"Will the fact that they (separatists) did not engage with us, make a big difference to the report? The answer is no. It won`t. Because we have a fair idea what the factions of Hurriyat Conference and separatists stand for," Dilip Padgaonkar, head of the three-member panel, told reporters.
"In our report, we have taken into consideration five points of Hurriyat faction led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani and five points of All Party Hurriyat Conference led by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq," Padgaonkar, flanked by other members Professor
Radha Kumar and MM Ansari, said here.
He was replying to questions about the failure of interlocutors to rope in separatists for talks and the incomplete report arising out of it.
Padgaonkar, further, said the panel has taken into account the points of separatists and Hurriyat Conference. "We wanted to get a greater elaboration on these points which would have been possible by talking to them," he said.
"We are aware about the proposals separatists have made during the past ten years. We are aware of proposals of Yasin Malik of JKLF, proposals of Muslim Conference, Sajjad Lone`s Peoples Conference and various other groups of the separatists constituency," Professor Kumar said.
Replying on query about the efforts being made to bring separatists for talks, Padgaonkar said, "We have said right from the word go that we want to engage separatists. The reason why they are not engaged with us has to be given by them not by us".
"I request to direct this question to the separatists not us," the head of the interlocutors said.
"We reiterate that even at this hour if there is any sign that we get from the separatists that they wish to talk to us, we shall be pleased to do so anywhere, anytime and under any condition," Padgaonkar said.
Referring to the credibility of the report without the separatists talking to them, he said, "that is entirely for the people of J&K to decide. We have tried our best to reach out to them. We have stretched our hand to them but they did not respond and you should ask them."
The panel had met 700 delegations in J&K and reached to the people across the board, he said.
"In terms of gauging opinion of the people of Jammu and Kashmir, our exercise has been exhaustive," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'