J&K sets up panel to inspect school buses, 10 operators fined
Jammu: After setting up a panel to inspect school buses in and around Jammu to curb mishaps involving them, J&K government has fined ten bus operators for violation of rules, officials said today.
The committee will submit weekly reports of the inspections, carried out to check irregularities in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Act and the guidelines of Supreme Court besides recommending action against the defaulters, they said.
On the first day of its drive, the Traffic Police today fined ten school bus operators as they were found carrying children without helpers and conductors.
"In order to carry out intensive inspection of school buses and buses on school duty with the objective of curbing mishaps involving school buses, the Regional Transport Officer Jammu Arvind Kotwal has constituted a committee," officials of Regional Transport Office (RTO) said.
The committee will be headed by Chief Inspector Board of Inspection and will include DSP Traffic, South Jammu and two Motor Vehicle Inspectors of Motor Vehicles Department as members, they said.
The Assistant Regional Transport Officers (ARTOs) of different districts of Jammu division have also been ordered to launch similar intensive inspection of buses of all the schools located within their jurisdiction and submit weekly reports.
The step has been taken after a student was on February 7 crushed by a school bus in the school complex due to alleged negligence as well as following complaints of running old, faulty vehicles and without conductors and helpers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Manchester United lacked identity under Louis van Gaal, says Cristiano Ronaldo
- Want to take more people of colour on my show: Aziz Ansari
- Twitter poll a prophecy? 61% of fans feel Salman Khan's 'Sultan' will sprint ahead 300 cr mark!
- Subramanian Swamy steps up attack on Raghuram Rajan, lists 6 'charges' against RBI Governor in letter to PM
- Shabbir Ahluwalia's romance locked dinner date with wife Kanchi Kaul – See pic