J&K sliding back to pre-2002 situation: PDP
Jammu: Referring to a spurt in militant activities in Jammu and Kashmir, Opposition PDP on Saturday alleged that the state government has "miserably failed" to carry forward the agenda of peace and development which was initiated by the previous PDP-Congress government.
"It was failure on the part of present dispensation headed by Omar Abdullah that the state was sliding back to pre-2002 situation," said Yash Pal Sharma, PDP candidate for Jammu-Poonch Lok Sabha seat.
He was addressing a function at Poonch, 270-kms from here.
Situation in the whole state, including on the border, has been deteriorating because "the present regime has failed to carry forward the agenda of peace and development which was initiated by the previous PDP-Congress government", Sharma said.
He claimed that PDP had pioneered the agenda of peace and development in the state.
"Instead of addressing problems of the people this regime has been trying to hoodwink people by false promises," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?