J&K sliding back to pre-2002 situation: PDP
Jammu: Referring to a spurt in militant activities in Jammu and Kashmir, Opposition PDP on Saturday alleged that the state government has "miserably failed" to carry forward the agenda of peace and development which was initiated by the previous PDP-Congress government.
"It was failure on the part of present dispensation headed by Omar Abdullah that the state was sliding back to pre-2002 situation," said Yash Pal Sharma, PDP candidate for Jammu-Poonch Lok Sabha seat.
He was addressing a function at Poonch, 270-kms from here.
Situation in the whole state, including on the border, has been deteriorating because "the present regime has failed to carry forward the agenda of peace and development which was initiated by the previous PDP-Congress government", Sharma said.
He claimed that PDP had pioneered the agenda of peace and development in the state.
"Instead of addressing problems of the people this regime has been trying to hoodwink people by false promises," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP cuts gap, witnesses massive surge in seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP closes gap with Shiv Sena in BMC, dominates in other cities
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway