J&K sliding back to pre-2002 situation: PDP
Jammu: Referring to a spurt in militant activities in Jammu and Kashmir, Opposition PDP on Saturday alleged that the state government has "miserably failed" to carry forward the agenda of peace and development which was initiated by the previous PDP-Congress government.
"It was failure on the part of present dispensation headed by Omar Abdullah that the state was sliding back to pre-2002 situation," said Yash Pal Sharma, PDP candidate for Jammu-Poonch Lok Sabha seat.
He was addressing a function at Poonch, 270-kms from here.
Situation in the whole state, including on the border, has been deteriorating because "the present regime has failed to carry forward the agenda of peace and development which was initiated by the previous PDP-Congress government", Sharma said.
He claimed that PDP had pioneered the agenda of peace and development in the state.
"Instead of addressing problems of the people this regime has been trying to hoodwink people by false promises," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites