J&K sliding back to pre-2002 situation: PDP
Jammu: Referring to a spurt in militant activities in Jammu and Kashmir, Opposition PDP on Saturday alleged that the state government has "miserably failed" to carry forward the agenda of peace and development which was initiated by the previous PDP-Congress government.
"It was failure on the part of present dispensation headed by Omar Abdullah that the state was sliding back to pre-2002 situation," said Yash Pal Sharma, PDP candidate for Jammu-Poonch Lok Sabha seat.
He was addressing a function at Poonch, 270-kms from here.
Situation in the whole state, including on the border, has been deteriorating because "the present regime has failed to carry forward the agenda of peace and development which was initiated by the previous PDP-Congress government", Sharma said.
He claimed that PDP had pioneered the agenda of peace and development in the state.
"Instead of addressing problems of the people this regime has been trying to hoodwink people by false promises," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi