J&K Speaker asks minister to make statement on dengue
Srinagar: Speaker of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly Mubarak Gul on Tuesday asked the Health Minister to make a statement in the House on the outbreak of dengue in Samba district.
Gul issued the direction to the Health Minister after National Panthers Party (NPP) MLA Yashpaul Kundal raised the matter in the House.
Kundal said 66 confirmed cases of dengue have been detected in Samba district of Jammu region and the disease has so far claimed one life.
The Speaker directed the Deputy Commissioner of Samba to depute teams of doctors to the affected areas and ensure proper treatment and medicare to the people.
The minister was also directed to submit a compliance report in the House on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden