J&K Speaker suspends five security personnel
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Assembly Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone on Tuesday suspended five security personnel in connection with yesterday`s incident when three youths jumped into the member`s area of the House shouting slogans.
The Assembly witnessed unruly scenes yesterday as three youths unfurled the flag of a newly-floated party and shouted slogans.
They were overpowered by Assembly marshals and placed under arrest on the orders of Speaker.
Lone ordered the suspension of five security personnel in connection with the incident today, officials said.
The youth, who had got passes on the request of expelled BJP member Jagdish Raj Sapolia to witness the proceedings from the public gallery, unfurled the flag of a newly-floated party J&K Democratic Front. They also raised slogans demanding implementation of employment policy in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply