J&K Speaker suspends five security personnel
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Assembly Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone on Tuesday suspended five security personnel in connection with yesterday`s incident when three youths jumped into the member`s area of the House shouting slogans.
The Assembly witnessed unruly scenes yesterday as three youths unfurled the flag of a newly-floated party and shouted slogans.
They were overpowered by Assembly marshals and placed under arrest on the orders of Speaker.
Lone ordered the suspension of five security personnel in connection with the incident today, officials said.
The youth, who had got passes on the request of expelled BJP member Jagdish Raj Sapolia to witness the proceedings from the public gallery, unfurled the flag of a newly-floated party J&K Democratic Front. They also raised slogans demanding implementation of employment policy in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'