J&K Speaker suspends five security personnel
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Assembly Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone on Tuesday suspended five security personnel in connection with yesterday`s incident when three youths jumped into the member`s area of the House shouting slogans.
The Assembly witnessed unruly scenes yesterday as three youths unfurled the flag of a newly-floated party and shouted slogans.
They were overpowered by Assembly marshals and placed under arrest on the orders of Speaker.
Lone ordered the suspension of five security personnel in connection with the incident today, officials said.
The youth, who had got passes on the request of expelled BJP member Jagdish Raj Sapolia to witness the proceedings from the public gallery, unfurled the flag of a newly-floated party J&K Democratic Front. They also raised slogans demanding implementation of employment policy in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda