J&K: SPO among two villagers buried in avalanche
Jammu: A Special Police Officer was among two
villagers buried under an avalanche while 10 others escaped narrowly in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The avalanche hit a group of 12 villagers who were going
towards the remote snow-bound area in Chasana belt of Mahore
tehsil in Reasi district enroute Khumijad area yesterday,
While ten villagers escaped narrowly, two persons were
buried under the avalanche, they said, adding that the duo
have been identified as SPO Baldev Singh and Vikram Singh.
A police team trekked through the highly mountainous belt
braving extreme chill and snowfall to reach the spot late last
night, they said, adding that a rescue operation has been
Assistance of the army has also been requested in this
operation, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what