J&K: SPO among two villagers buried in avalanche
Jammu: A Special Police Officer was among two
villagers buried under an avalanche while 10 others escaped narrowly in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The avalanche hit a group of 12 villagers who were going
towards the remote snow-bound area in Chasana belt of Mahore
tehsil in Reasi district enroute Khumijad area yesterday,
While ten villagers escaped narrowly, two persons were
buried under the avalanche, they said, adding that the duo
have been identified as SPO Baldev Singh and Vikram Singh.
A police team trekked through the highly mountainous belt
braving extreme chill and snowfall to reach the spot late last
night, they said, adding that a rescue operation has been
Assistance of the army has also been requested in this
operation, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands