J&K: SPO among two villagers buried in avalanche
Jammu: A Special Police Officer was among two
villagers buried under an avalanche while 10 others escaped narrowly in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The avalanche hit a group of 12 villagers who were going
towards the remote snow-bound area in Chasana belt of Mahore
tehsil in Reasi district enroute Khumijad area yesterday,
While ten villagers escaped narrowly, two persons were
buried under the avalanche, they said, adding that the duo
have been identified as SPO Baldev Singh and Vikram Singh.
A police team trekked through the highly mountainous belt
braving extreme chill and snowfall to reach the spot late last
night, they said, adding that a rescue operation has been
Assistance of the army has also been requested in this
operation, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Watch: Trailer of India's first stoner movie 'M Cream' is finally out
- Vijender Singh is an amateur, not in my league: Kerry Hope
- NSG likely to meet again to discuss entry of non-NPT countries
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"