J&K: SPO among two villagers buried in avalanche
Jammu: A Special Police Officer was among two
villagers buried under an avalanche while 10 others escaped narrowly in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The avalanche hit a group of 12 villagers who were going
towards the remote snow-bound area in Chasana belt of Mahore
tehsil in Reasi district enroute Khumijad area yesterday,
While ten villagers escaped narrowly, two persons were
buried under the avalanche, they said, adding that the duo
have been identified as SPO Baldev Singh and Vikram Singh.
A police team trekked through the highly mountainous belt
braving extreme chill and snowfall to reach the spot late last
night, they said, adding that a rescue operation has been
Assistance of the army has also been requested in this
operation, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read