J&K: SPO killed, Army jawan wounded in militant at
Srinagar: Militants on Saturday shot dead a Special Police Officer and wounded an army jawan in Sopore township in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
SPO Riyaz-ul-Hassan was killed and armyman Tariq Ahmad Mir was injured when unidentified militants fired at them in village Brath-Kalaan, 55-km from here, at around 4.30 PM, official sources said.
The SPO died instantly while Mir, posted in Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry Regiment, received bullet injuries in the shoulder, they said.
Hassan and Mir are both residents of Brath Kalaan, a police spokesman said.
Locals hit the streets denouncing the incident.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- White dwarf found lashing red dwarf in space
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'