J&K: SPO killed, Army jawan wounded in militant at
Srinagar: Militants on Saturday shot dead a Special Police Officer and wounded an army jawan in Sopore township in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
SPO Riyaz-ul-Hassan was killed and armyman Tariq Ahmad Mir was injured when unidentified militants fired at them in village Brath-Kalaan, 55-km from here, at around 4.30 PM, official sources said.
The SPO died instantly while Mir, posted in Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry Regiment, received bullet injuries in the shoulder, they said.
Hassan and Mir are both residents of Brath Kalaan, a police spokesman said.
Locals hit the streets denouncing the incident.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery