J&K: SPO killed, Army jawan wounded in militant at
Srinagar: Militants on Saturday shot dead a Special Police Officer and wounded an army jawan in Sopore township in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
SPO Riyaz-ul-Hassan was killed and armyman Tariq Ahmad Mir was injured when unidentified militants fired at them in village Brath-Kalaan, 55-km from here, at around 4.30 PM, official sources said.
The SPO died instantly while Mir, posted in Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry Regiment, received bullet injuries in the shoulder, they said.
Hassan and Mir are both residents of Brath Kalaan, a police spokesman said.
Locals hit the streets denouncing the incident.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical