J&K: Storm affects life in Barak Valley
Karimganj: A child was killed and life in three Barak valley districts has been thrown out of gear since the past two days due to a severe storm that damaged houses, uprooted trees and electricity pillars and snapped power transmission lines.
Official sources said the five year-old lost his life in a house collapse due to the storm at Vairabnagar in Karimganj district yesterday.
Cachar, Karimganj and Hailakandi districts suffered severe power disruption as torrential rain, accompanied by hail storm affected high tension power transmission lines and badly damaged power stations at Srikona, Meherpur, Jirighat and Panchgram, a senior official of Central Power Distribution company, Barak Valley division, said on Sunday.
Work to restore the power lines was on and power supply would resume as normal by the evening, he said.
The power failure has also affected water supply in the three districts.
Movement of vehicles have been affected as trees have been uprooted at many places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday