J&K: Students` wing opposes music show
Jammu: The National Panthers Student Union on Thursday said it is against holding of a pop music show proposed in Jammu University, as it will promote "vulgarity" inside the campus.
"We criticise the move of university administration for allowing music show of pop singers. It will breed vulgarity and will demolish the Indian culture," NPSU leader Thakur Varinder Singh said here.
He also alleged that while the university administration would not provide the auditorium if sought by students, it was ready to offer it for such "vulgar" programmes.
Singh threatened that the union will launch a massive campaign if the varsity goes ahead with its plan despite opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi