J&K: Students` wing opposes music show
Jammu: The National Panthers Student Union on Thursday said it is against holding of a pop music show proposed in Jammu University, as it will promote "vulgarity" inside the campus.
"We criticise the move of university administration for allowing music show of pop singers. It will breed vulgarity and will demolish the Indian culture," NPSU leader Thakur Varinder Singh said here.
He also alleged that while the university administration would not provide the auditorium if sought by students, it was ready to offer it for such "vulgar" programmes.
Singh threatened that the union will launch a massive campaign if the varsity goes ahead with its plan despite opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred