J&K: Students` wing opposes music show
Jammu: The National Panthers Student Union on Thursday said it is against holding of a pop music show proposed in Jammu University, as it will promote "vulgarity" inside the campus.
"We criticise the move of university administration for allowing music show of pop singers. It will breed vulgarity and will demolish the Indian culture," NPSU leader Thakur Varinder Singh said here.
He also alleged that while the university administration would not provide the auditorium if sought by students, it was ready to offer it for such "vulgar" programmes.
Singh threatened that the union will launch a massive campaign if the varsity goes ahead with its plan despite opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read