J&K: Students` wing opposes music show
Jammu: The National Panthers Student Union on Thursday said it is against holding of a pop music show proposed in Jammu University, as it will promote "vulgarity" inside the campus.
"We criticise the move of university administration for allowing music show of pop singers. It will breed vulgarity and will demolish the Indian culture," NPSU leader Thakur Varinder Singh said here.
He also alleged that while the university administration would not provide the auditorium if sought by students, it was ready to offer it for such "vulgar" programmes.
Singh threatened that the union will launch a massive campaign if the varsity goes ahead with its plan despite opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed