J&K teacher enact kidnap drama to settle scores with his neighbour
Srinagar: A government teacher was on Tuesday picked up for questioning after he allegedly enacted a drama of having being kidnapped to settle scores with his neighbour in Baramulla district of north Kashmir, police said today.
"The complaint lodged regarding kidnapping of the teacher was found bogus and flimsy and just to harass his neighbour," a police spokesman said.
He said Police Station Pattan received a written complaint by Rayees Ahmad Bhat, a resident of Gundaripora village of Pattan, alleging that his brother Zahoor Ahmad Bhat, a government teacher, was abducted by unidentified persons while on way from his residence to Kanihama on May 19 with the intention to "kill or harm" him.
"On receipt of the report, a case was registered and investigation started," the spokesman said.
The investigators perused the call details of Bhat`s mobile phone and questioned his friend Mudasir Ahmad Bhat, a resident of Hajibal.
"Mudasir disclosed that the kidnapped person had met him on May 19 in evening and borrowed Rs 2000 saying that he has some dispute with his neighbours and had to go somewhere so that his neighbours are blamed for his missing just to pressurise them," the spokesman said.
However, the teacher was brought to Police Station Pattan today for questioning, which revealed that he had staged the drama of being kidnapped as he has a dispute with his neighbour, a local contractor, Ali Mohammad Parray just to harass him, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’