J&K teacher enact kidnap drama to settle scores with his neighbour
Srinagar: A government teacher was on Tuesday picked up for questioning after he allegedly enacted a drama of having being kidnapped to settle scores with his neighbour in Baramulla district of north Kashmir, police said today.
"The complaint lodged regarding kidnapping of the teacher was found bogus and flimsy and just to harass his neighbour," a police spokesman said.
He said Police Station Pattan received a written complaint by Rayees Ahmad Bhat, a resident of Gundaripora village of Pattan, alleging that his brother Zahoor Ahmad Bhat, a government teacher, was abducted by unidentified persons while on way from his residence to Kanihama on May 19 with the intention to "kill or harm" him.
"On receipt of the report, a case was registered and investigation started," the spokesman said.
The investigators perused the call details of Bhat`s mobile phone and questioned his friend Mudasir Ahmad Bhat, a resident of Hajibal.
"Mudasir disclosed that the kidnapped person had met him on May 19 in evening and borrowed Rs 2000 saying that he has some dispute with his neighbours and had to go somewhere so that his neighbours are blamed for his missing just to pressurise them," the spokesman said.
However, the teacher was brought to Police Station Pattan today for questioning, which revealed that he had staged the drama of being kidnapped as he has a dispute with his neighbour, a local contractor, Ali Mohammad Parray just to harass him, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues