This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

J&K: Teenager killed by teargas shell, says autopsy report

Last Updated: Saturday, June 19, 2010 - 19:14

Srinagar: Autopsy of the teenager, killed
in a clash between stone-pelting demonstrators and security
personnel here on June 11, has confirmed that he was killed by
a teargas shell which damaged his brain and skull, belying the
police claim that it was a case of "mysterious death".

"Yes I have received the autopsy report. The cause of
death is due to an accelerated propellant which has hit the
head of the deceased. It is death due to a teargas, suggestive
of intermediate range refilled weapon," Deputy Commissioner
Srinagar Meraj Ahmad Kakroo said.
Tufail Ahmad Mattoo had been killed in a clash between
stone pelting protesters and police at Ghani memorial stadium
near Rajouri Kadal in old city on June 11.

The teargas shell had damaged Tufail`s skull and brain,
he said quoting the autopsy report.

The autopsy report belies the police version that
Tufail`s killing was a case of "mysterious death". When the
incident took place, police had claimed that cops had not
fired a single bullet or teargas shell in Rajouri Kadal area.

"As per medical examination of the wound of the
victim the case appears to be of deliberate murder. Police is
on the look out for two persons who dropped the deceased at
the SHMS hospital in a Maruti car and disappeared from the
scene", the police had said in a press statement earlier.

Meanwhile, Chief Judicial Magistrate Srinagar Mohammad
Ibrahim Wani directed the SSP to pass appropriate orders for
invetigations into the killing of the victim.
Wani had yesterday directed the SSP to submit the
investigation report within ten days before the court.

Mohammd Ashraf Mattoo, father of the deceased had filed
an application before the CJM on Friday seeking a direction to
the police to initiate formal investigation into the killing
of Tufail.


First Published: Saturday, June 19, 2010 - 19:14

More from zeenews

comments powered by Disqus