J&K terror attack: Body of Andhra jawan laid to rest
Hyderabad: The mortal remains of soldier M Yadaiah, who was killed in a militant attack in Kashmir earlier this week, were laid to rest at his native Mahabubnagar district in Andhra Pradesh on Thursday.
The body of Yadaiah (28) arrived at the airport here this morning and Army officials presented a ceremonial guard of honour as a mark of respect to the departed soul.
The body was later taken to his native village Kondareddypalle in neighbouring Mahabubnagar district, where it was buried, official sources said.
Yadaiah was the first person in his family to get a job and a pall of gloom descended on the village.
The departed soldier is survived by parents, wife and two small daughters.
"He was the first one in the family to get a job. We are shattered. Ours is a very poor family," Yadaiah`s brother Niranjan had said on Tuesday.
The militants ambushed an Army convoy on Monday killing eight Army jawans, including Yadaiah, and injuring 19 others near Hyderpora area on the outskirts of Srinagar and sped away after carrying out a second strike at a police check post.
State Information Minister D K Aruna, TDP MLA A Revant Reddy and several other leaders were present on the occasion.
Aruna announced that a job will be provided to the wife of the brave soldier, besides a piece of land and Rs 1,500 per month for the education of his children, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read