J&K terror attack: Body of Andhra jawan laid to rest
Hyderabad: The mortal remains of soldier M Yadaiah, who was killed in a militant attack in Kashmir earlier this week, were laid to rest at his native Mahabubnagar district in Andhra Pradesh on Thursday.
The body of Yadaiah (28) arrived at the airport here this morning and Army officials presented a ceremonial guard of honour as a mark of respect to the departed soul.
The body was later taken to his native village Kondareddypalle in neighbouring Mahabubnagar district, where it was buried, official sources said.
Yadaiah was the first person in his family to get a job and a pall of gloom descended on the village.
The departed soldier is survived by parents, wife and two small daughters.
"He was the first one in the family to get a job. We are shattered. Ours is a very poor family," Yadaiah`s brother Niranjan had said on Tuesday.
The militants ambushed an Army convoy on Monday killing eight Army jawans, including Yadaiah, and injuring 19 others near Hyderpora area on the outskirts of Srinagar and sped away after carrying out a second strike at a police check post.
State Information Minister D K Aruna, TDP MLA A Revant Reddy and several other leaders were present on the occasion.
Aruna announced that a job will be provided to the wife of the brave soldier, besides a piece of land and Rs 1,500 per month for the education of his children, the sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani