J&K terror attack: Body of Andhra jawan laid to rest
Hyderabad: The mortal remains of soldier M Yadaiah, who was killed in a militant attack in Kashmir earlier this week, were laid to rest at his native Mahabubnagar district in Andhra Pradesh on Thursday.
The body of Yadaiah (28) arrived at the airport here this morning and Army officials presented a ceremonial guard of honour as a mark of respect to the departed soul.
The body was later taken to his native village Kondareddypalle in neighbouring Mahabubnagar district, where it was buried, official sources said.
Yadaiah was the first person in his family to get a job and a pall of gloom descended on the village.
The departed soldier is survived by parents, wife and two small daughters.
"He was the first one in the family to get a job. We are shattered. Ours is a very poor family," Yadaiah`s brother Niranjan had said on Tuesday.
The militants ambushed an Army convoy on Monday killing eight Army jawans, including Yadaiah, and injuring 19 others near Hyderpora area on the outskirts of Srinagar and sped away after carrying out a second strike at a police check post.
State Information Minister D K Aruna, TDP MLA A Revant Reddy and several other leaders were present on the occasion.
Aruna announced that a job will be provided to the wife of the brave soldier, besides a piece of land and Rs 1,500 per month for the education of his children, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm