J&K to conduct a fire safety audit of all shrines
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government will appoint a committee of experts to conduct a fire safety audit of major heritage shrines of the Valley in the backdrop of a major blaze which gutted the 200-year-old Dastageer Sahib Shrine.
"A fire safety audit of all major heritage shrines of Kashmir would be done by a committee of experts very soon," an official spokesman said after a meeting chaired by Divisional Commissioner Kashmir, Asgar Samoon, yesterday.
Samoon, who was appointed inquiry officer into the fire incident in which the over 200-year-old Dastageer Sahib Shrine was gutted yesterday, convened a high-level meeting with senior officers and discussed in detail the measures to be taken for restoration of the Shrine, the spokesman said.
He said it was suggested that a committee of experts will prepare a comprehensive reconstruction plan for the Shrine within two weeks.
The Divisional Commissioner assured the Muslim Auquaf Trust of all support required for restoring the shrine to its pristine glory by reconstructing it as per original architecture.
The services of Indian National Trust For Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH) would also be utilised, as the organisation has already documented and digitalised intricate details of the shrine in the year 2010, the spokesman said.
The Muslim Auqaf Trust and J-K Project Construction Corporation (JKPCC) will also speed up construction of adjacent mosque which also got partially damaged, to facilitate regular prayers immediately, he added.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Vital facts about Kangana Ranaut's leaked image suppressed: Hrithik Roshan's camp
- Sunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISS
- West Bengal polls: Bhawanipur to witness star-studded electoral battle
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO