J&K to constitute SIT to probe Fai`s activities
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government will
constitute a Special Investigation Team (SIT) of police to
probe alleged anti-national activities of Kashmiri separatist
Ghulam Nabi Fai and others in the state which could lead to
possible issuance of Red Corner notices against them.
"We are constituting an SIT today under Senior
Superintendent of Police, Budgam, to carry forward cases of
those including Fai who figured in various anti-national
crimes -- anti-national cases or activities connected with our
state," Director General of Police Kuldeep Khoda told
Asked if any case was pending against Fai and Pak-based
terror mastermind Hafiz Saeed in Jammu and Kashmir and the
action to be taken against them, he said, "These cases will be
carried forward and investigated to reach to their logical
"The investigation will include issuance of red corner
notices and other steps which are required to be taken in this
regard", Khoda said.
On whether the SIT would deal with the issue of Fai and
his activities in Jammu and Kashmir, the DGP said, "(it is
meant for) Fai and other associates who will figure during the
course of scrutiny of records of various international
activities which have taken place".
"We have to sum up these operatives who are connected in
the situation in J&K. We have to carry forward cases of these
people", he said, adding "these people have figured
prominently over the years in the cases whether it is Hafiz
Saeed, Syed Sallauddin and Ghulam Nabi Fai and others".
"We have also found that there are certain activities of
theirs in the past which required to be further probed
into -- including Fai`s", the police chief said.
62-year-old Fai was last month sentenced to two years of
imprisonment by a US court for "conspiracy to defraud the US"
by concealing transfer of at least USD 3.5 million from
Pakistan`s ISI to fund his illegal lobbying efforts on
Fai was arrested by the FBI on July 19 last year and had
subsequently pleaded guilty before the court to the charges of
being a paid agent of the ISI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug