J&K to have 172 new LPG agencies soon
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Friday said that it is soon going to open 172 new LPG gas agencies in the state.
Minister for Consumer Affair and Public Distribution (CA&PD) and Transport, Mohammad Ramzan on Friday said that LPG gas agencies will be opened soon in all leftover blocks in the state, which will add up to 172 new agencies.
He said the issue of enhancement of the cap on LPG cylinders from its present nine, has already been taken up with the Centre.
Replying to a question of Abdul Gani Malik in the House here today, the Minister said that home delivery of LPG cylinders has been started in Jammu and Srinagar and added that KYC is open for registration of gas connections for those consumers who have not yet registered their connections.
The Minister said that there is no crisis of LPG cylinders in the state.
Replying to a question of Haji Mohammad Ashraf Ganaie, the Minister said that 14 food sale outlets of the CA&PD and seven CBC shops are functional in Sopore town.
Filling of vacant posts in the department has already been referred to recruiting agencies concerned, he said.
The Minister added that the matter of utilisation of Rural Development Department godown at Waripora for stocking food grains will be taken up with the concerned department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported