J&K to have 172 new LPG agencies soon
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Friday said that it is soon going to open 172 new LPG gas agencies in the state.
Minister for Consumer Affair and Public Distribution (CA&PD) and Transport, Mohammad Ramzan on Friday said that LPG gas agencies will be opened soon in all leftover blocks in the state, which will add up to 172 new agencies.
He said the issue of enhancement of the cap on LPG cylinders from its present nine, has already been taken up with the Centre.
Replying to a question of Abdul Gani Malik in the House here today, the Minister said that home delivery of LPG cylinders has been started in Jammu and Srinagar and added that KYC is open for registration of gas connections for those consumers who have not yet registered their connections.
The Minister said that there is no crisis of LPG cylinders in the state.
Replying to a question of Haji Mohammad Ashraf Ganaie, the Minister said that 14 food sale outlets of the CA&PD and seven CBC shops are functional in Sopore town.
Filling of vacant posts in the department has already been referred to recruiting agencies concerned, he said.
The Minister added that the matter of utilisation of Rural Development Department godown at Waripora for stocking food grains will be taken up with the concerned department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations