J&K to have 229 new veterinary hospitals: Ruhullah
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has sent a proposal for opening 229 new veterinary hospitals and dispensaries in the state to the Central government.
"A project proposal for construction of 229 veterinary Hospitals and Dispensaries at an estimated cost of Rs 28.74 crore has been submitted to the Central Government", Minister for Sheep and Animal Husbandry, Aga Syed Ruhullah said on Tuesday.
He was replying to the debate on demands of grants for
Animal and Sheep Husbandry departments in the Legislative
At present, 2,956 veterinary health centres with 990
veterinarians and 4,185 para-vets are providing health care
services to animals.
The Centre has already approved a Rs 4.74 crore project
under Intensive Dairy Development Project for development of
dairy in three districts of Kupwara, Poonch and Rajouri, he
For upgrading the genetic merit of the livestock, 291
high pedigreed breeding bulls have been kept in different far
flung areas of the state, under the National Programme on
Cattle and Buffalo Breeding, Ruhullah informed.
The Minister said that under Sheep Sector, 20 Mobile
Polyclinic with Mini lab and cold chain facility have been
introduced to provide door step health care and diagnostic
facilities to the ever moving sheep and goat population of the
Regarding the achievements in poultry sector, the
Minister said the department has launched a centrally
sponsored scheme "Rural Poultry Backyard Unit Scheme" under
which 2 month old low input Vanraja birds are distributed
among the BPL families.
Ruhullah said a National Animal Disease Report System has
also been introduced during the current year which envisages
real time reporting of any disease outbreak from the remotest
corner of the state.
On the Planning Commission`s recommendation, Rs 2.00
crore corpus fund has also been created to meet the fodder and
medicines requirements of threatened breeds - Zanaskari Horse
of Kargil and Double Humped Camel of Leh, minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'