J&K to have 229 new veterinary hospitals: Ruhullah
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has sent a proposal for opening 229 new veterinary hospitals and dispensaries in the state to the Central government.
"A project proposal for construction of 229 veterinary Hospitals and Dispensaries at an estimated cost of Rs 28.74 crore has been submitted to the Central Government", Minister for Sheep and Animal Husbandry, Aga Syed Ruhullah said on Tuesday.
He was replying to the debate on demands of grants for
Animal and Sheep Husbandry departments in the Legislative
At present, 2,956 veterinary health centres with 990
veterinarians and 4,185 para-vets are providing health care
services to animals.
The Centre has already approved a Rs 4.74 crore project
under Intensive Dairy Development Project for development of
dairy in three districts of Kupwara, Poonch and Rajouri, he
For upgrading the genetic merit of the livestock, 291
high pedigreed breeding bulls have been kept in different far
flung areas of the state, under the National Programme on
Cattle and Buffalo Breeding, Ruhullah informed.
The Minister said that under Sheep Sector, 20 Mobile
Polyclinic with Mini lab and cold chain facility have been
introduced to provide door step health care and diagnostic
facilities to the ever moving sheep and goat population of the
Regarding the achievements in poultry sector, the
Minister said the department has launched a centrally
sponsored scheme "Rural Poultry Backyard Unit Scheme" under
which 2 month old low input Vanraja birds are distributed
among the BPL families.
Ruhullah said a National Animal Disease Report System has
also been introduced during the current year which envisages
real time reporting of any disease outbreak from the remotest
corner of the state.
On the Planning Commission`s recommendation, Rs 2.00
crore corpus fund has also been created to meet the fodder and
medicines requirements of threatened breeds - Zanaskari Horse
of Kargil and Double Humped Camel of Leh, minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000