`J&K to hold Plan discussion post resource meet at Centre`
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today said the state government will hold discussions with Planning Commission of India after the discussions of resource mobilisation at the Centre are over.
"Once the resource mobilisation being discussed at the Centre is completed, we will have our plan discussions (with the Planning Commission)," he told reporters at Shopian, 55 km from here, after addressing a public meeting.
The Chief Minister suggested that there was no unusual delay in plan finalisation of his state. "Last year also our plan was finalised in the month of June or July," he added.
Abdullah said the state government had held the preliminary discussions with the Centre on annual plan and May 20 was fixed for the finalising the plan.
"However, from both sides -- the Centre as well as the state -- we were not able to complete the preparation," he added.
The meeting for finalisation of plan outlay for the for the current fiscal slated for last Monday was cancelled amid certain differences between the Planning Commission and the state government.
The meeting between Omar and Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia was to approve the Plan outlay, which the state government wants to be to the tune of Rs 8,000 crore.
The cancellation of the meeting came amid differences between the state government and the Planning Commission over poor revenue generation by the state government during the last few financial years.
Planning Commission is unhappy over low revenue generation as it is of the view that the state cannot continue to get heavy central assistance for long period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in