`J&K to hold Plan discussion post resource meet at Centre`
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today said the state government will hold discussions with Planning Commission of India after the discussions of resource mobilisation at the Centre are over.
"Once the resource mobilisation being discussed at the Centre is completed, we will have our plan discussions (with the Planning Commission)," he told reporters at Shopian, 55 km from here, after addressing a public meeting.
The Chief Minister suggested that there was no unusual delay in plan finalisation of his state. "Last year also our plan was finalised in the month of June or July," he added.
Abdullah said the state government had held the preliminary discussions with the Centre on annual plan and May 20 was fixed for the finalising the plan.
"However, from both sides -- the Centre as well as the state -- we were not able to complete the preparation," he added.
The meeting for finalisation of plan outlay for the for the current fiscal slated for last Monday was cancelled amid certain differences between the Planning Commission and the state government.
The meeting between Omar and Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia was to approve the Plan outlay, which the state government wants to be to the tune of Rs 8,000 crore.
The cancellation of the meeting came amid differences between the state government and the Planning Commission over poor revenue generation by the state government during the last few financial years.
Planning Commission is unhappy over low revenue generation as it is of the view that the state cannot continue to get heavy central assistance for long period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi court reserves order on criminal complaint against Arvind Kejriwal
- Fishermen killing case: Accused Italian marine Salvatore Girone returns home from India
- Pakistan may seek India's help in curbing terror: Rajnath Singh
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis pair enters 2016 French Open mixed-doubles quarters
- Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016: BSEB 10th Result 2016, Bihar Class 10th Result 2016 to be declared today on May 29; check biharboard.bih.nic.in