J&K to promote tourism in Kupwara
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government will pay special attention to bring unexplored tourist places in the border district of Kupwara on the world tourism map.
Minister of State for Tourism, Home and Urban Development Nasir Aslam Wani yesterday said the tourism potential of Bungus, Lolab and Drangyari areas in Kupwara district will be looked into, which would help in generating employment.
The Lolab-Bungus-Drangyari Tourist Development Authority has developed infrastructure worth crores of rupees which includes tourist huts and resthouses at Bungus and Lolab tourist resorts, the minister said while speaking at a fair in Chandigam in Kupwara.
Wani said the development authority has focused on creating basic infrastructure in these "attractive tourist places," adding that after completion of all the construction projects, special attention would be paid to bring the areas on the world tourism map, an official spokesperson said.
The minister later visited stalls set up by Sheep and Wool Development, Agriculture and Fisheries departments among others for developing the tourism sector in these areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS