J&K to promote tourism in Kupwara
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government will pay special attention to bring unexplored tourist places in the border district of Kupwara on the world tourism map.
Minister of State for Tourism, Home and Urban Development Nasir Aslam Wani yesterday said the tourism potential of Bungus, Lolab and Drangyari areas in Kupwara district will be looked into, which would help in generating employment.
The Lolab-Bungus-Drangyari Tourist Development Authority has developed infrastructure worth crores of rupees which includes tourist huts and resthouses at Bungus and Lolab tourist resorts, the minister said while speaking at a fair in Chandigam in Kupwara.
Wani said the development authority has focused on creating basic infrastructure in these "attractive tourist places," adding that after completion of all the construction projects, special attention would be paid to bring the areas on the world tourism map, an official spokesperson said.
The minister later visited stalls set up by Sheep and Wool Development, Agriculture and Fisheries departments among others for developing the tourism sector in these areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sensex logs first rise in five sessions on earnings lift
- Goa SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016 to be declared on May 25: (goaresults.nic.in) GBSHSE 10th board results, Goa Board (GBSHSE) SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Cristiano Ronaldo confident of Champions League glory despite injury scare
- Goa University Examination Results announced