J&K to provide special identification jackets to Haj pilgrims
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government will provide special identification jackets to Haj pilgrims from the state to enable them recognise each other and maintain link with the guides accompanying them.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah at a meeting of the Haj Committee here today approved special identification jackets for those performing the Haj pilgrimage this year.
"The Haj pilgrims will be provided these jackets this year so that they could use these during the Haj period to recognise the fellow Hajis and Khudam (guide)," an official spokesman said.
He said the Chief Minister directed the officials to print the logo of the state Haj Committee on the jackets for easy identification. Omar also approved grants to the tune of Rs 50 lakh for providing free vaccination to the pilgrims.
"He directed for sensitising the Health Department to ensure vaccination of all pilgrims well in time," the spokesman said.
Omar, who is the chairman of the State Haj Committee, directed for utilising the residential block of Bemina Haj House for hosting social functions like marriage ceremonies on pre-determined rent during the lean period to help generate financial resource for maintenance and upkeep of the Haj House and related services.
"The chief minister was of the view that after the Haj period is over, the huge accommodation of residential block remains idle and this can be put to use by hosting social functions like wedding, generating resources to meet the expenses on upgrading and maintaining the facilities for Haj pilgrims," the spokesman said.
The meeting approved the budget of Rs 2.58 crore for the Haj Committee for the year 2014-15 to be incurred on various activities aimed at conducting Haj pilgrimage smoothly and satisfactory.
The meeting was informed that as many as 6,925 pilgrims are likely to perform Haj under the state Haj quota this year.
It was stated that all arrangements for boarding, lodging, transportation and other-related facilities have been finalised and the committee is fully prepared to perform its duty in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!