J&K to provide special identification jackets to Haj pilgrims
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government will provide special identification jackets to Haj pilgrims from the state to enable them recognise each other and maintain link with the guides accompanying them.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah at a meeting of the Haj Committee here today approved special identification jackets for those performing the Haj pilgrimage this year.
"The Haj pilgrims will be provided these jackets this year so that they could use these during the Haj period to recognise the fellow Hajis and Khudam (guide)," an official spokesman said.
He said the Chief Minister directed the officials to print the logo of the state Haj Committee on the jackets for easy identification. Omar also approved grants to the tune of Rs 50 lakh for providing free vaccination to the pilgrims.
"He directed for sensitising the Health Department to ensure vaccination of all pilgrims well in time," the spokesman said.
Omar, who is the chairman of the State Haj Committee, directed for utilising the residential block of Bemina Haj House for hosting social functions like marriage ceremonies on pre-determined rent during the lean period to help generate financial resource for maintenance and upkeep of the Haj House and related services.
"The chief minister was of the view that after the Haj period is over, the huge accommodation of residential block remains idle and this can be put to use by hosting social functions like wedding, generating resources to meet the expenses on upgrading and maintaining the facilities for Haj pilgrims," the spokesman said.
The meeting approved the budget of Rs 2.58 crore for the Haj Committee for the year 2014-15 to be incurred on various activities aimed at conducting Haj pilgrimage smoothly and satisfactory.
The meeting was informed that as many as 6,925 pilgrims are likely to perform Haj under the state Haj quota this year.
It was stated that all arrangements for boarding, lodging, transportation and other-related facilities have been finalised and the committee is fully prepared to perform its duty in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown