J&K: Top Hizbul commander arrested
Srinagar: In a major breakthrough, police on Saturday arrested a top Hizbul Mujahideen commander, who allegedly masterminded the car bomb blast in Bijbehara town of South Kashmir last month.
Lateef Dar, alias Lateef Kachru, was arrested from Litter village of Pulwama district, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Pulwama Amit Kumar told a news agency.
Dar was the divisional commander of Hizbul Mujahideeen for the entire south Kashmir region, he said.
The official said one AK-47, three AK magazines, one pistol, one grenade and material used to manufacture IEDs were recovered from Dar`s possession.
Dar`s name had recently surfaced when a car bomb was triggered by militants on the National Highway near Bijbehara town in south Kashmir.
The SSP said Dar was the mastermind behind last month`s car bomb, which had killed one militant when he tried to check the wires of the bomb which exploded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh