J&K: Top Hizbul commander arrested
Srinagar: In a major breakthrough, police on Saturday arrested a top Hizbul Mujahideen commander, who allegedly masterminded the car bomb blast in Bijbehara town of South Kashmir last month.
Lateef Dar, alias Lateef Kachru, was arrested from Litter village of Pulwama district, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Pulwama Amit Kumar told a news agency.
Dar was the divisional commander of Hizbul Mujahideeen for the entire south Kashmir region, he said.
The official said one AK-47, three AK magazines, one pistol, one grenade and material used to manufacture IEDs were recovered from Dar`s possession.
Dar`s name had recently surfaced when a car bomb was triggered by militants on the National Highway near Bijbehara town in south Kashmir.
The SSP said Dar was the mastermind behind last month`s car bomb, which had killed one militant when he tried to check the wires of the bomb which exploded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites