J&K: Top Hizbul commander arrested
Srinagar: In a major breakthrough, police on Saturday arrested a top Hizbul Mujahideen commander, who allegedly masterminded the car bomb blast in Bijbehara town of South Kashmir last month.
Lateef Dar, alias Lateef Kachru, was arrested from Litter village of Pulwama district, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Pulwama Amit Kumar told a news agency.
Dar was the divisional commander of Hizbul Mujahideeen for the entire south Kashmir region, he said.
The official said one AK-47, three AK magazines, one pistol, one grenade and material used to manufacture IEDs were recovered from Dar`s possession.
Dar`s name had recently surfaced when a car bomb was triggered by militants on the National Highway near Bijbehara town in south Kashmir.
The SSP said Dar was the mastermind behind last month`s car bomb, which had killed one militant when he tried to check the wires of the bomb which exploded.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader