J&K: Two arrested with alleged hawala money
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police on Thursday
arrested two persons and seized Rs five lakh of alleged hawala
money meant for distribution to strengthen Hizbul Mujahideen
militant outfit in Anantnag district.
Mohammad Yasin Dass of Waghama and Shabir Ahmad Dar of
Mehand village were arrested from Bijbehara town, 45 kms from
here, a police spokesman said.
Rs five lakh were recovered, he said, adding the
arrest has dented the efforts of Hizbul Mujahideen to
strengthen and rejuvenate the outfit in the south Kashmir
The two were part of a module and were carrying the
money for distribution among militants and sympathisers of the
outfit, the spokesman said.
He said they were involved in hawala transaction for a
long time and had succeeded in distributing a good amount of
money among the Hizbul Mujahideen cadres.
"The main purpose of the module was to rejuvenate the
over ground workers and surrender militants in order to
disturb the prevailing peace in the Valley," the spokesman
He said a case has been registered in police station
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price