J&K: Two arrested with alleged hawala money
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police on Thursday
arrested two persons and seized Rs five lakh of alleged hawala
money meant for distribution to strengthen Hizbul Mujahideen
militant outfit in Anantnag district.
Mohammad Yasin Dass of Waghama and Shabir Ahmad Dar of
Mehand village were arrested from Bijbehara town, 45 kms from
here, a police spokesman said.
Rs five lakh were recovered, he said, adding the
arrest has dented the efforts of Hizbul Mujahideen to
strengthen and rejuvenate the outfit in the south Kashmir
The two were part of a module and were carrying the
money for distribution among militants and sympathisers of the
outfit, the spokesman said.
He said they were involved in hawala transaction for a
long time and had succeeded in distributing a good amount of
money among the Hizbul Mujahideen cadres.
"The main purpose of the module was to rejuvenate the
over ground workers and surrender militants in order to
disturb the prevailing peace in the Valley," the spokesman
He said a case has been registered in police station
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez