J&K: Two LeT modules busted, six arrested
Srinagar: Two Lashkar-e-Toiba modules were
busted with the arrest of six persons in North Kashmir`s
Bandipora district, police said here on Wednesday.
The six were planning to target workers of mainstream
political parties and were also motivating youths to cross the
border for arms and computer training, they said.
The first module consisted of Fayaz Ahmad Mir, Zubair
Ahmad Parray and Ashaaq Ashraf Baba, all residents of Hajin,
the police said.
Matrix sheets and list of police officers and political
personalities were recovered from their possession.
The other module comprised Zahoor Ahmad Dar, Ghulam
Mohammad Bhat and Nissar Ahmad Ganie, the police said adding
both the groups were involved in threatening sarpanches and
One of the arrested men Zahoor Ahmad Dar had visited
Pakistan at the behest of LeT cadres for computer training in
May last year and returned after 15 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read