J&K: Two LeT modules busted, six arrested
Srinagar: Two Lashkar-e-Toiba modules were
busted with the arrest of six persons in North Kashmir`s
Bandipora district, police said here on Wednesday.
The six were planning to target workers of mainstream
political parties and were also motivating youths to cross the
border for arms and computer training, they said.
The first module consisted of Fayaz Ahmad Mir, Zubair
Ahmad Parray and Ashaaq Ashraf Baba, all residents of Hajin,
the police said.
Matrix sheets and list of police officers and political
personalities were recovered from their possession.
The other module comprised Zahoor Ahmad Dar, Ghulam
Mohammad Bhat and Nissar Ahmad Ganie, the police said adding
both the groups were involved in threatening sarpanches and
One of the arrested men Zahoor Ahmad Dar had visited
Pakistan at the behest of LeT cadres for computer training in
May last year and returned after 15 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IMF expresses confidence in Christine Lagarde as French court orders trial
- Petition in Pak court seeks registration of FIR against PM Modi
- HC junks Vodafone plea against IT demand of over Rs 7.5 crore
- Maruti Vitara Brezza receives over 1 lakh bookings
- Boman Irani was 'professional' with son Kayoze on '...Michael Mishra' set