J&K: Two LeT modules busted, six arrested
Srinagar: Two Lashkar-e-Toiba modules were
busted with the arrest of six persons in North Kashmir`s
Bandipora district, police said here on Wednesday.
The six were planning to target workers of mainstream
political parties and were also motivating youths to cross the
border for arms and computer training, they said.
The first module consisted of Fayaz Ahmad Mir, Zubair
Ahmad Parray and Ashaaq Ashraf Baba, all residents of Hajin,
the police said.
Matrix sheets and list of police officers and political
personalities were recovered from their possession.
The other module comprised Zahoor Ahmad Dar, Ghulam
Mohammad Bhat and Nissar Ahmad Ganie, the police said adding
both the groups were involved in threatening sarpanches and
One of the arrested men Zahoor Ahmad Dar had visited
Pakistan at the behest of LeT cadres for computer training in
May last year and returned after 15 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners
- RCom-Aircel expected to sign merger deal by Sept 1st week
- Mehbooba flies to Delhi as one more killed in Kashmir violence; toll rises to 70