J&K: Two LeT modules busted, six arrested
Srinagar: Two Lashkar-e-Toiba modules were
busted with the arrest of six persons in North Kashmir`s
Bandipora district, police said here on Wednesday.
The six were planning to target workers of mainstream
political parties and were also motivating youths to cross the
border for arms and computer training, they said.
The first module consisted of Fayaz Ahmad Mir, Zubair
Ahmad Parray and Ashaaq Ashraf Baba, all residents of Hajin,
the police said.
Matrix sheets and list of police officers and political
personalities were recovered from their possession.
The other module comprised Zahoor Ahmad Dar, Ghulam
Mohammad Bhat and Nissar Ahmad Ganie, the police said adding
both the groups were involved in threatening sarpanches and
One of the arrested men Zahoor Ahmad Dar had visited
Pakistan at the behest of LeT cadres for computer training in
May last year and returned after 15 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt