J&K Vigilance begins probe into Roshini scam
Jammu: A probe into alleged irregularities committed in transfer of state land under a government scheme has been started by Jammu and Kashmir vigilance department.
"A probe has been started by State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) into the alleged irregularities committed in transfer of state land under the Roshini scheme in the state," a senior officer of the department said today.
Four Special Investigation Teams (SIT), each headed by SP, have been constituted to work under close supervision of nodal SIT headed by SVO, DIG for speedy verification, he said.
The probe has been ordered on the direction of Chief Vigilance Commission (CVC) Jammu and Kashmir Kuldeep Khoda.
State government had regularised and gave ownership rights to the lands under illegal occupation of people under Jammu Kashmir State Lands (Vesting Ownership to Occupants) Act 2001, popularly known as Roshni scheme.
The scheme was implemented during the coalition government headed by the then chief minister Ghulam Nabi Azad.
The state government had conferred ownership rights to 62,687 persons for 48,803 acres of state land for Rs 72 crores.
Out of 14,7752 applications disposed off, 62,687 people were conferred with ownership by the state government for 6,75,320 kanals (48803 acres) of state under Roshi Scheme with a total Rs 72.90 crores, official figures said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Union Cabinet clears Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 – Know the new rules
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors felt in northeast, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati
- Did OP Jaisha lie about official apathy in Rio? Here is her co-runner's version
- Can bear body odour, not bad breath: Ranveer Singh
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall