J&K Vigilance begins probe into Roshini scam
Jammu: A probe into alleged irregularities committed in transfer of state land under a government scheme has been started by Jammu and Kashmir vigilance department.
"A probe has been started by State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) into the alleged irregularities committed in transfer of state land under the Roshini scheme in the state," a senior officer of the department said today.
Four Special Investigation Teams (SIT), each headed by SP, have been constituted to work under close supervision of nodal SIT headed by SVO, DIG for speedy verification, he said.
The probe has been ordered on the direction of Chief Vigilance Commission (CVC) Jammu and Kashmir Kuldeep Khoda.
State government had regularised and gave ownership rights to the lands under illegal occupation of people under Jammu Kashmir State Lands (Vesting Ownership to Occupants) Act 2001, popularly known as Roshni scheme.
The scheme was implemented during the coalition government headed by the then chief minister Ghulam Nabi Azad.
The state government had conferred ownership rights to 62,687 persons for 48,803 acres of state land for Rs 72 crores.
Out of 14,7752 applications disposed off, 62,687 people were conferred with ownership by the state government for 6,75,320 kanals (48803 acres) of state under Roshi Scheme with a total Rs 72.90 crores, official figures said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations