J&K warns college teachers taking private tuitions
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government
Tuesday warned strict action against college teachers taking private tuitions, in view of the blanket ban on such practice in the state.
"Strict action shall be taken against those who
indulge in private tuitions as government has imposed a
blanket ban on private tuition by college teachers," an
official spokesman said.
Though the government has allowed government school
teachers and lecturers to take private tuitions, "No school
teacher shall be allowed to take private tuitions during
school hours," he said.
According to government estimates, there are 72
private coaching centres in Kashmir valley where nearly 30,000
students are enrolled each year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt