J&K: Will interlocutors report be made public?
New Delhi: The much awaited report of the interlocutors on Jammu & Kashmir is expected to be made public after it is presented made before the Cabinet Committee (CCS) on Security on Thursday.
Home Minister P Chidambaram on Tuesday had said that the report of the Centre’s interlocutors on Kashmir would be made public after CCS considers it.
“Interlocutors’ report, as I said in Delhi, will be made public after the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) has considered the matter”, MrChidambaram told reporters.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has pitched for making the report public, holding debate on it and thereafter implementing the recommendations.
The three interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir, noted journalist Dilip Padgaonkar, former Information Commissioner MM Ansari and noted academician Radha Kumar, had submitted their report to Chidambaram in New Delhi on October 12, 2011, laying down a roadmap for the government to address all issues pertaining to the state.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog