J&K: Will interlocutors report be made public?
New Delhi: The much awaited report of the interlocutors on Jammu & Kashmir is expected to be made public after it is presented made before the Cabinet Committee (CCS) on Security on Thursday.
Home Minister P Chidambaram on Tuesday had said that the report of the Centre’s interlocutors on Kashmir would be made public after CCS considers it.
“Interlocutors’ report, as I said in Delhi, will be made public after the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) has considered the matter”, MrChidambaram told reporters.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has pitched for making the report public, holding debate on it and thereafter implementing the recommendations.
The three interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir, noted journalist Dilip Padgaonkar, former Information Commissioner MM Ansari and noted academician Radha Kumar, had submitted their report to Chidambaram in New Delhi on October 12, 2011, laying down a roadmap for the government to address all issues pertaining to the state.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH