J&K: Will interlocutors report be made public?
New Delhi: The much awaited report of the interlocutors on Jammu & Kashmir is expected to be made public after it is presented made before the Cabinet Committee (CCS) on Security on Thursday.
Home Minister P Chidambaram on Tuesday had said that the report of the Centre’s interlocutors on Kashmir would be made public after CCS considers it.
“Interlocutors’ report, as I said in Delhi, will be made public after the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) has considered the matter”, MrChidambaram told reporters.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has pitched for making the report public, holding debate on it and thereafter implementing the recommendations.
The three interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir, noted journalist Dilip Padgaonkar, former Information Commissioner MM Ansari and noted academician Radha Kumar, had submitted their report to Chidambaram in New Delhi on October 12, 2011, laying down a roadmap for the government to address all issues pertaining to the state.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department