J&K witnessed 71 border firing incidents; 7 killed
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir witnessed over 70 incidents of cross-border firing along Indo-Pak border in which seven persons including four security personnel were killed and 15 others injured this year.
As many as 71 incidents of border firing took place along the Line of Control (LoC) and International Border (IB) this year, a recent report compiled by state Home Ministry said.
Seven persons including four security personnel, two civilians and one Pakistani intruder were killed in the incidents of border firing, it said.
As many as 15 persons, including 12 security personnel and three civilians, were injured, the report said.
There has been increase in the incidents of cross-border firing this year, it said.
There were 51 cases of cross-border firing and ceasefire violations along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir in 2011 as compared to 44 cases in 2010 and 28 in 2009.
The increase in firing incidents and ceasefire violations by Pakistan gain significance in light of detection of 400-metre-long tunnel in Jammu and Kashmir`s Samba sector on July 28 and subsequent lodging of strong protest on July 31.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed