J&K witnesses 50% decline in militancy: Police
Jammu: There has been nearly 50 per cent fall
in militancy-related incidents this year in Jammu and Kashmir
with no such activities taking place in three districts and 13
others registering just single digit terrorism cases.
"There was fall in militancy-related incidents from 336
in 2010 to 179 this year up to November 15. It shows nearly 50
per cent dip," a senior police official said.
Of the 179 cases, Jammu witnessed 27 incidents and
Kashmir 152, he said.
As per official statistics, 13 districts have witnessed
less than 10 militancy cases this year, while no such incident
occurred in Reasi, Samba and Kathua districts in Jammu region.
In Kashmir Valley, Budgam witnessed three terrorism cases
followed by four in Kulgam, five in Anantnag and eight each in
Shopian, Ganderbal and Bandipora.
In Jammu region, Kishtwar witnessed eight such cases,
Ramban (5), Doda (6), Poonch (4), Rajouri (2) and one each in
Jammu and Udhampur districts.
Attacks directed against security forces too saw a dip
from 69 cases in 2010 to 36 up to November this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees