J&K witnesses 50% decline in militancy: Police
Jammu: There has been nearly 50 per cent fall
in militancy-related incidents this year in Jammu and Kashmir
with no such activities taking place in three districts and 13
others registering just single digit terrorism cases.
"There was fall in militancy-related incidents from 336
in 2010 to 179 this year up to November 15. It shows nearly 50
per cent dip," a senior police official said.
Of the 179 cases, Jammu witnessed 27 incidents and
Kashmir 152, he said.
As per official statistics, 13 districts have witnessed
less than 10 militancy cases this year, while no such incident
occurred in Reasi, Samba and Kathua districts in Jammu region.
In Kashmir Valley, Budgam witnessed three terrorism cases
followed by four in Kulgam, five in Anantnag and eight each in
Shopian, Ganderbal and Bandipora.
In Jammu region, Kishtwar witnessed eight such cases,
Ramban (5), Doda (6), Poonch (4), Rajouri (2) and one each in
Jammu and Udhampur districts.
Attacks directed against security forces too saw a dip
from 69 cases in 2010 to 36 up to November this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone