J&K witnesses 50% decline in militancy: Police
Jammu: There has been nearly 50 per cent fall
in militancy-related incidents this year in Jammu and Kashmir
with no such activities taking place in three districts and 13
others registering just single digit terrorism cases.
"There was fall in militancy-related incidents from 336
in 2010 to 179 this year up to November 15. It shows nearly 50
per cent dip," a senior police official said.
Of the 179 cases, Jammu witnessed 27 incidents and
Kashmir 152, he said.
As per official statistics, 13 districts have witnessed
less than 10 militancy cases this year, while no such incident
occurred in Reasi, Samba and Kathua districts in Jammu region.
In Kashmir Valley, Budgam witnessed three terrorism cases
followed by four in Kulgam, five in Anantnag and eight each in
Shopian, Ganderbal and Bandipora.
In Jammu region, Kishtwar witnessed eight such cases,
Ramban (5), Doda (6), Poonch (4), Rajouri (2) and one each in
Jammu and Udhampur districts.
Attacks directed against security forces too saw a dip
from 69 cases in 2010 to 36 up to November this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Cases against Baloch leaders-in-exile highlight Pakistan's frustration: BJP
- BSP leader Brajesh Pathak joins BJP
- Piaggio launches Aprilia SR 150 in India priced at Rs 65,000
- Family of killed Dalit youths, who died in 2012 Gujarat police firing, demand CBI probe
- Won't camouflage baby bump on screen: Kareena