J&K witnesses 820 group clashes, 577 ultras among 750 killed
Jammu: As many as 577 ultras were killed
in various group clashes between different militant outfits
during past two decades of militancy in Jammu and Kashmir.
As per the recent State Home Ministry statistics, as
many as 820 incidents of group clashes have taken place
between various militant outfits due to turf war in last 20
years of militancy and 577 militants and 173 civilians were
killed in these incidents.
Around 102 terrorists and 398 civilians were injured
in these incidents, the report said.
"The militant outfits clash with each other over turf
war, women, land disputes and supremacy. Group clashes between
foreign militants and locals were also witnessed more this
time," a senior police officer said.
The highest number of 170 group clashes took place in
1995 in which 108 militants and 35 civilians were killed and
23 militants and 57 civilians were injured.
It was followed by 168 incidents in 1994 in which 110
terrorists and 29 civilians were killed and 15 militants and
47 civilians injured.
Similarly, 121 incidents took place in 1993 followed
by 103 in 1992, 87 in 1996 in which 74 militants and 30
civilians were killed. In 1992, 64 militants and 41 civilians
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'