J&K witnesses decline in militancy in 2011: DGP
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Police on Tuesday said there has been fall in militancy-related incidents this
year in the state with the overall improvement of security
"There has been decrease in militancy-related incidents
in JK. As compared to 350 such cases in 2010 in a period of 11
months, 185 incidents were reported this year till November-
end," DGP Kuldeep Khoda told reporters on the sidelines of
raising day function of Home Guards and Civil Defence here.
He said there is roughly 47-48 per cent decline in
incidents of violence this year as compared to 2010.
The DGP said improved border management vis-a-vis the
role played by the army, paramilitary forces and police,
besides cooperation of locals has resulted in downfall of
violence and betterment in the security situation in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda