J&K: Woman `abducted, raped` by Army personnel
Srinagar: A young woman has accused two Army
personnel of "abduction and rape" in Kulgam district of south
Kashmir, official sources said on Thursday.
The woman, a resident of Gujjardara-Manzgam, reported to
police that she was abducted by some unidentified army
personnel from Kheranbal Behak on July 19 and gang raped, they
She claimed that she was released last night by the
Senior police officers rushed to the concerned police
station in Kulgam and recorded her statement, the sources
said, adding the woman will be sent for medical examination.
Meanwhile, tension gripped Damhal Hanjipora, 110 kms from
here, as people came out on the roads and held demonstrations
demanding stern action against the erring personnel, the
sources said, describing the situation as tense but under
Defence spokesman Lt Col J S Brar was not immediately
available for comments as he was out of town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey