J&K: Woman `abducted, raped` by Army personnel
Srinagar: A young woman has accused two Army
personnel of "abduction and rape" in Kulgam district of south
Kashmir, official sources said on Thursday.
The woman, a resident of Gujjardara-Manzgam, reported to
police that she was abducted by some unidentified army
personnel from Kheranbal Behak on July 19 and gang raped, they
She claimed that she was released last night by the
Senior police officers rushed to the concerned police
station in Kulgam and recorded her statement, the sources
said, adding the woman will be sent for medical examination.
Meanwhile, tension gripped Damhal Hanjipora, 110 kms from
here, as people came out on the roads and held demonstrations
demanding stern action against the erring personnel, the
sources said, describing the situation as tense but under
Defence spokesman Lt Col J S Brar was not immediately
available for comments as he was out of town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!