J&K: Women break earthen pots to highlight water scarcity
Jammu: Breaking earthen pots on roads, a
large number of people, mostly women, staged a demonstration
here on Monday protesting inadequate supply of water in areas on
the outskirts of the city.
Protesters, most of them women carrying earthen pots
on their heads, chanted anti-government slogans to highlight
the water scarcity in Bri Brahama and other areas.
The women later broke earthen pots on the roads.
The protesters threatened to block the Jammu-Pathankot
highway if the administration did not immediately restore the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi