J&K: Women break earthen pots to highlight water scarcity
Jammu: Breaking earthen pots on roads, a
large number of people, mostly women, staged a demonstration
here on Monday protesting inadequate supply of water in areas on
the outskirts of the city.
Protesters, most of them women carrying earthen pots
on their heads, chanted anti-government slogans to highlight
the water scarcity in Bri Brahama and other areas.
The women later broke earthen pots on the roads.
The protesters threatened to block the Jammu-Pathankot
highway if the administration did not immediately restore the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video