J&K: Women break earthen pots to highlight water scarcity
Jammu: Breaking earthen pots on roads, a
large number of people, mostly women, staged a demonstration
here on Monday protesting inadequate supply of water in areas on
the outskirts of the city.
Protesters, most of them women carrying earthen pots
on their heads, chanted anti-government slogans to highlight
the water scarcity in Bri Brahama and other areas.
The women later broke earthen pots on the roads.
The protesters threatened to block the Jammu-Pathankot
highway if the administration did not immediately restore the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP