J&K women commission chief meets Governor
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir State Commission
for Women chairperson Shamima Firdous briefed Governor N N
Vohra about women empowerment issues being worked on by the
"Firdous briefed the Governor about functioning of the
commission and the role being played by it in women
empowerment," an official spokesman said.
Firdous informed the Governor that the Commission has
launched sustained campaigns to generate awareness among women
about their rights and taking steps for safeguarding the same,
the spokesman said.
"Need for construction of shelter homes for women and
several other important issues relating to the strengthening
of the State Commission for Women came up for discussion
during the meeting," he said.
The spokesman said Governor Vohra expressed his concern
about the deteriorating gender ratio in the state and called
for sustained attention and a well planned holistic campaign
to repair the damage done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened