J&K youth arrested for killing French national
New Delhi: A Kashmiri youth was arrested from
Srinagar this morning for allegedly murdering a French woman
at a Delhi guest house a week ago, police said.
Manzoor Ahmed, who is said to be a handicraft trader, was
apprehended from Srinagar with the help of Jammu and Kashmir
Police, they said.
Ahmed had allegedly murdered French national Lauren (34)
in Hindustan Guest House in central Delhi`s Paharganj.
Lauren`s decomposed body was discovered on April four and
her identity was established the next day. She had reached
Delhi on March 30.
The suspicion fell on Ahmad as he had booked the room on
March 27 and was found missing.
"We have arrested him and he is being brought to Delhi.
We have not questioned him. So we cannot talk about the
motive," a senior police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth