J&K youth arrested for killing French national
New Delhi: A Kashmiri youth was arrested from
Srinagar this morning for allegedly murdering a French woman
at a Delhi guest house a week ago, police said.
Manzoor Ahmed, who is said to be a handicraft trader, was
apprehended from Srinagar with the help of Jammu and Kashmir
Police, they said.
Ahmed had allegedly murdered French national Lauren (34)
in Hindustan Guest House in central Delhi`s Paharganj.
Lauren`s decomposed body was discovered on April four and
her identity was established the next day. She had reached
Delhi on March 30.
The suspicion fell on Ahmad as he had booked the room on
March 27 and was found missing.
"We have arrested him and he is being brought to Delhi.
We have not questioned him. So we cannot talk about the
motive," a senior police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video