J&K youth arrested for killing French national
New Delhi: A Kashmiri youth was arrested from
Srinagar this morning for allegedly murdering a French woman
at a Delhi guest house a week ago, police said.
Manzoor Ahmed, who is said to be a handicraft trader, was
apprehended from Srinagar with the help of Jammu and Kashmir
Police, they said.
Ahmed had allegedly murdered French national Lauren (34)
in Hindustan Guest House in central Delhi`s Paharganj.
Lauren`s decomposed body was discovered on April four and
her identity was established the next day. She had reached
Delhi on March 30.
The suspicion fell on Ahmad as he had booked the room on
March 27 and was found missing.
"We have arrested him and he is being brought to Delhi.
We have not questioned him. So we cannot talk about the
motive," a senior police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- HILARIOUS! Indian Twitter roasts Sanjay Manjrekar for siding with Piers Morgan
- Minor gang-raped in UP's Etah
- Three drowned as car plunges into canal in UP
- After clinching historic silver medal, here's what PV Sindhu was allowed to do by coach Pullela Gopichand
- Welspun India hires Ernst & Young to probe US export lapses