J&K youth arrested for killing French national
New Delhi: A Kashmiri youth was arrested from
Srinagar this morning for allegedly murdering a French woman
at a Delhi guest house a week ago, police said.
Manzoor Ahmed, who is said to be a handicraft trader, was
apprehended from Srinagar with the help of Jammu and Kashmir
Police, they said.
Ahmed had allegedly murdered French national Lauren (34)
in Hindustan Guest House in central Delhi`s Paharganj.
Lauren`s decomposed body was discovered on April four and
her identity was established the next day. She had reached
Delhi on March 30.
The suspicion fell on Ahmad as he had booked the room on
March 27 and was found missing.
"We have arrested him and he is being brought to Delhi.
We have not questioned him. So we cannot talk about the
motive," a senior police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH