J&K youth arrested for killing French national
New Delhi: A Kashmiri youth was arrested from
Srinagar this morning for allegedly murdering a French woman
at a Delhi guest house a week ago, police said.
Manzoor Ahmed, who is said to be a handicraft trader, was
apprehended from Srinagar with the help of Jammu and Kashmir
Police, they said.
Ahmed had allegedly murdered French national Lauren (34)
in Hindustan Guest House in central Delhi`s Paharganj.
Lauren`s decomposed body was discovered on April four and
her identity was established the next day. She had reached
Delhi on March 30.
The suspicion fell on Ahmad as he had booked the room on
March 27 and was found missing.
"We have arrested him and he is being brought to Delhi.
We have not questioned him. So we cannot talk about the
motive," a senior police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons
- Gunmen kill at least eight in Munich shopping mall, shooters on the run
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators